Office: 0333 772 7736
Michael qualified in 1996 – he is qualified in 3 Jurisdictions: England & Wales, Rep of Ireland, Northern Ireland.
Dispute resolution, risk management in the insurance, corporate, self-insured and public sectors. Personal injury & clinical negligence. Judicial Review.
Michael’s corporate/individual/public sector clients have a diverse portfolio of requirements in an ever widening litigation/regulatory/compliance framework. Throughout his 30 year career, Michael has advised collectively/individually across the entire spectrum and enjoys meeting his clients’ needs in the varied and challenging world of dispute resolution.
- Settling 1st Opiate Dependency class action involving Sec of State c 1500 Claimants on behalf of publicised company avoiding liability for major insurers Marketform.
- Settling 2nd Opiate Dependency class action involving Sec of State c 1000 Claimants on behalf of public listed Co avoiding liability for major insurers Marketform.
- Simultaneous strike out of 25 insured/self-insured claims – Scott, Williams, Nuttall v PPS Ltd
- Track record of c 17 successful Judicial Review Applications to date (varied disciplines)
- Settling 8 million public liability claim for 1 % of claim on behalf of insured/insurer Spalding v Serco Ltd/ Sompo Canopius
- Successful business interruption COVID-19 claim in line with Supreme Court case the Financial Conduct Authority v Arch and Others.